If you’re feeling isolated, anxious or unwell at home and don’t have anyone that can help you, the Eastbourne and Wealden councils may be able to help during working hours.
📞 For Eastbourne: 01323 679722
📞 For Willingdon, Wannock and Jevington: 01323 443322
Finding support for specific issues
Support is available if you need to:
- access mental health support in East Sussex
- get support if you’re a carer
- get support if you’re experiencing domestic abuse
- get shopping, food deliveries or afford food
- stay active and improve your health
- look after your physical and mental wellbeing
- find employment – contact the Work and Health Programme East Sussex – call 01273 516347 or email WHPreferral@sussexcommunity.org.uk
- get help or advice about benefits - contact the East Sussex welfare benefits helpline
- get advice on keeping warm and well, and the Warm Home Check Service.
If you need advice on a health issue and aren’t sure what to do, you can use the NHS 111 online service or call 111. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.